Friday, January 9, 2009

I've been busy, and extremely frustrated! But..

Argh! Alright, it's my FYP (Final Year Project), it's some kinda "steel welding" stuff if you're curious. With all the hectic troubleshootings and checkings I still couldn't find out where the problem is, hence, No Results! Gosh, what's worse, my professor thinks that we're just a bunch of lazy monkeys that did nothing about it..

That makes me wonder, what am I looking for, during these years in University. I'm studying Civil Engineering, but I don't foresee me being a Civil Engineer, not a moment. So what for? 

Why am I here? 

I wouldn't have known how to answer, if you've asked me 1 year back. During the moment, I was constantly complaining, about my dislike in this course, I wanted out, to quit, but what have I left after that? That's the point. The real deal. I didn't have a plan, on what I can do, what I have to do, I know I wanted a way out, but I didn't have the map! And therefore, all I could do was to stay put, and pass through my exams.

However, for now, 1 year later, not only I can visualize it, I'm actually paving the roads ahead - my way out. In short, I've found the reasons to quit my studies. I didn't need the "paper" anymore. 

So, why the hell am I still here?! 

Well, what the heck, I'd kill myself if I quit during my final semester, definitely makes no sense at all! That's one good point, but not the main one, during this one year I've seen things through.. That this "paper" still serves it's purpose.. It's the "value" underneath the paper, if I hadn't been in NTU, I wouldn't have known the extent of my capabilities, not in studies, but instead, Event Organizings, team coordinating, and my talents, drumming, etc. These are the real values I treasure(this way I'll have excuses to counter my no-eye-see results) and I'm very fortunate I didn't give up on myself..

For those that are lost like I had, your future, careers, dreams, I truly wished that you hold on to what you have now and work the best out of it, until you've finally found your "way out", plan it, and on your way to crystalize it. Dream and Reality, I believe, is separated by one fine line, they don't make friends. No matter how big your dream is, Reality still hits you as hard as it could in your everyday life. 

If you don't have a plan, don't talk about your dreams because it will never happen. 

Right, you're busy with your everyday chores and all and you don't have time to plan for something you can't foresee - your dream, see, that's the reality, it holds you back, but play around it, put extra efforts to just THINK, and PLAN. Slightly get into motion and you'll find yourself adapting to it. A little effort a day, and your dream will come true, I promise, but before that, don't let the reality sink you first! Hold on to what you have now and don't ever quit!


2 comments:

  1. Baby, I felt as if you were talking to me. But I'm glad for what you've made mention. I wish the best!
    With Love, Gil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Clever girl. The last few paras were dedicated for you, and also to others that are still trapped within their own thoughts.

    I might be wrong though, just enjoy the read!

    ReplyDelete