Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Was Conned $400 Bucks Today, WTF?!

Alright, maybe not conned. But rather, sold.

I finally made up my mind to go for Gym, and I chose Celebrity Fitness for this, I'll be frequenting the branch in 1 Utama.

Now, today what I wanted was to go down, check out the prices and maybe join next week. But guess what? I was sold - the way I used to sell people stuff online.

There was the "sales page" - 1 Indian fella came over took us through the tour and explained everything we needed to know. When I showed I couldn't quite afford the price up front ($800), there goes the "exit page pop up", those pop ups that you see whenever you leave a page saying they'll give you a discount - the price went down to $400 (I knew it, damn..), but I was still contemplating, the guy was so desperate to get my card out of my wallet, he gave me the "scarcity" - he said this offer only last for the FIRST visit. (So I took my Card out, why? he gave me an offer I couldn't resist, especially when I already wanted to join). Then he went processing my details, and here comes the "upsell" - one dude he came over saying hello, explaining the "personal trainer" stuff to us, which costs about $4000+, crazy... And then, when we express that it's too much for us, here comes the "downsell"... He said maybe we could get some basic trainer first for $1,800.. And lastly, after giving me the receipts and stuff, the indian dude perform the "viral" method, he gave me a list to fill my contacts with so he could call them up (great, spot on, I was doing all these things in the Internet..)

All in all, I paid the $400 and that's it. We were sold. I find it funny because I actually LEARN such marketing techniques in Internet Marketing - we do this in Websites. And this is the first time I encounter this in real life.. This is THE system, no matter you're doing your business online, or offline, this is THE system you should think about. It definitely increases conversions, you sales, by a ton..

4 comments:

  1. we can meet up after your gym nx time ! hehe~

    joejoe how are you~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what stuffs are you selling online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, yeah sure we can meet up. You workin around there? Well, I'm fine. Thank you. :> I sell all kinds of stuff online.

    ReplyDelete