Sunday, February 8, 2009

Being With You Everyday Is Like Valentine's To Me


This specific post is a response to Gillian's post about Valentine's.

Relationship is the one thing that has never changed ever since human beings have evolved through so many decades. Now there are all kinds of relationships that we can speak about but this post today, is dedicated to Relationships between a couple (male and female only, I despise 'gayers') for Valentine's day is near.

I was looking for Valentine's origin when I stumbled upon an interesting paragraph:

"An alternative theory from Belarus states that the holiday originates from the story of Saint Valentine, who upon rejection by his mistress was so heartbroken that he took a knife to his chest and sent her his still-beating heart as a token of his undying love for her. Hence, heart-shaped cards are now sent as a tribute to his overwhelming passion and suffering."

Most of the people have taken as granted that Valentine's, 14th Feb, is "The Day", and you have got to show your significant other how much your passions goes upon him/her only on that day itself. 

It's like, when a girl says to her boyfriend, "Why it seems as though you don't love me as much as you said you will?!" then the guy goes, "Wait til it's Valentine's and I'll SHOW you how much my love it is to you!" Exaggerated, but true in a sense, have such thoughts ever flashed into your mind before..? 

You've probably forgotten that Valentine's is merely one of the days that help reminds you of the fond memories between both of you, it's just another memorable day to tighten to knots, dispell misunderstandings, and most importantly, it's a proof that you've been walking the "Correct" path down the road.

However, I wouldn't deny the fact that, you'll have to be "EXTRA" passionate to surprise your partner during Valentine's day. Why? It's simple. If you can't win a person's heart in ONE day, don't expect too much for the rest of 364 days. Valentine's if you ask me, is a day where you should do MORE than you usually should, but that doesn't mean you are ought to do LESS for the other days.

Being in a relationship, is a process of learning to be responsible. At least that's what I think. Again, it's simple. If you can't be responsible in a basic boy-girl relationship, don't come telling me you want to be a successful man, businessman, or, whoever you want to be, won't happen in a million years. I bet you.

We all make mistakes in relationships, but most importantly we learn from them. The one BIGGEST mistake almost everyone makes is that - they look at other people's mistakes all the time! What do I mean? I don't need to explain much, try recalling, the moments when you were fighting with your partner, what comes into your head? Yeah, the wrong doings, the bad habits of your partner, never had it been you in the first place, huh?

Wait a minute... I'm not asking you to put the blames on yourself! But just think, if everytime you wanted to start an arguement, and all that shows up in mind, are YOUR faults, YOUR mistakes, will you want to bring the arguement further? No, it stops, naturally, because you're ashamed to insult yourself any further as you speak. See, there's where the key to communication lies..

Mark my words, and try it, next time whenever a fight is starting, do this, and you'd find both of you sitting down working things out - the good way.

As for Gillian, I admit I hadn't been doing much lately, no excuses for that, I'm not a saint, I've made mistakes, I've been forgetful, I hadn't been planning for surprises like I used to, I apologize for that, but I definitely will do my best, as time goes by.

To all that read this post, I want you to have a Great Valentine's, whether you are single or not, and most importantly, I want you to treasure every single relationships that you have, with your friends, your siblings, your parents, your loved ones for the things that I've mentioned above are applicable to most cases.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment